|Option 1 – A low-cost educational diagnostic dyslexia assessment report consists of the following:|
|Educational Diagnostic Dyslexia Assessment||$225|
|The consultation is with a psychologist with expertise in dyslexia (i.e., PhD Dyslexia)
(The consultation rebate claimable through Medicare if referred by GP)
The information from the educational diagnostic dyslexia assessment and the consultation are used to provide a succinct/ user friendly written report. The report includes recommendations with easy to follow strategies to address the delay in literacy.
|Quality assurance provided through case management in Primary School years
If the client is of Primary School age, then we also provide low cost ongoing case management to monitor and review progress each year during Primary School.
|Option 2 – Educational assessment and written diagnostic report||$850|
|Option 3 – A full cognitive and educational assessment and written report||$1375|
|Option 4 – A review of progress and written report||$575|
|Option 5 – Other Assessments
(e.g., career assessments)
|$175 / hr|
The Dyslexia-SLD Association provides an independent psychological service that focuses on the assessment of Dyslexia and other Specific Learning Disorders. In addition to the assessment we provide for the monitoring and review of progress throughout Primary School and continued support through Secondary School, Tertiary education, and beyond.
We endeavor to keep fees as low as possible. Our hourly rate of $175.00 represents a substantial discount on the Australian Psychological Society’s (APS) recommended fee of $246.00 per hour.
Clients may be able to claim under their Private Health insurance for some of the costs involved.
Clients will obtain maximum value from the assessment if it is used as the foundation for ongoing monitoring and support over the long term. It is the ongoing care, guidance and support that helps ensure the best possible outcome for a child with dyslexia.
Our fees are set at a level that reflects:
- The follow-up care and support – this includes monitoring and review of progress to help our clients reach their full potential at school and in life.
- The qualifications and experience of our senior psychologist:
- Qualifications includes a PhD in dyslexia
- Experience in the field of educational psychology in Australia and internationally
- Teaching Registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Psychology Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Current Working with Children Check
- Teaching Experience: Extensive experience teaching within the Education Department at Primary and Secondary levels
- Private and State School experience: In the capacity of teacher and psychologist
- Tertiary Teaching Experience: Extensive experience teaching Psychological Assessment at the Post Graduate level (Master of Professional Psychology)
- Supervision of Provisional Psychologists: Extensive experience supervising Provisional Psychologists
- Specialization in education and dyslexia; including familiarity with the school environments found at many different private and government schools within Victoria
Health Insurance Rebates
Private health insurers may also rebate part of the cost of psychological consultations and psychological assessments.
Contact your health insurance provider for further information
Assessment Fees – Senior Psychologist
$175 per hour. The time taken for the assessment includes the processing of background information, administration and scoring of tests, consultations, and the writing the assessment report.
While it is possible to spread the assessment over several appointments, most of our clients prefer the option of having the assessment completed in one session and the report provided within two weeks of the assessment.
Your overall out-of-pocket fee will depend on any private health fund rebates you are entitled to.
Dyslexia Assessment Fees – Provisional Psychologist (supervised by Senior Psychologist)
$125 per hour. The time taken for the assessment includes the processing of background information, administration and scoring of tests, consultation, and the writing the assessment report.