Support for Those with Learning Difficulties in Melbourne and Surrounds
If you have dyslexia or a learning difficulty, it can sometimes be hard to know where to turn for support and help. Maybe you know someone who is struggling or looking for support and guidance with literacyin the Ballarat or Melbourne area. There’s no need to feel as if there is nothing you can do, because help is at hand. At the Dyslexia and SLD Association of Victoria, we have a long history of giving those with learning difficulties or dyslexia helpful strategies and understanding; over the long-term, if necessary. This is a very important distinction about the services provided by the Dyslexia-SLD Association; that is, we do not just provide assessment, but also ongoing support and management when appropriate and required. We are here to provide advice, guidance, help and support for all those in our community and their families. We provide on-going support through Primary, Secondary, Tertiary education and beyond.
Who are The Dyslexia and SLD Association of Victoria?
The Dyslexia and SLD-Association of Victoria is based in Melbourne, Victoria. Our aims:
- To provide for the screening and assessment of dyslexia and other Specific
- To provide high quality assessment and assessment reports
- To provide for the ongoing support for children and adults with dyslexia and other Specific Learning Difficulties
- To address dyslexia and Specific Learning Difficulties from a big picture and
long-term perspective, when necessary.
- To simplify the management of dyslexia and other Specific Learning Difficulties
We provide assessments as a foundation for ongoing management and support which is often needed by children or adultswho have Specific Learning Difficulties, from ADHD testing to dyslexia assessments, in the Ballarat and Melbourne areas.
Educational Assessment and Testing for Dyslexia and SLD – Quality Matters
School children can have a range of difficulties in engaging with learning in the classroom. Detailed assessment of a child’s cognitive abilities and educational achievement can assist in the formulation of strategies that can facilitate the child’s learning.
Get in Touch
For assessment bookings:
Email is the most efficient way to initiate an assessment booking.
We aim to provide you with a reply on the same business day
The reply email will include:
- Booking and background information form;
- Information about the assessment (tests administered & time);
- Dates available;
- Office locations and/ or availability of home-visits;
- Cost involved;